CORE VALUES AND OBJECTIVES
A successful strategic planning process will define the common purpose that brings and holds together the many elements of the university community. The commitment to being a Christ-centred institution through our desire to serve God and humanity is the value we, as a community, hold most central and dear. We therefore shall encourage a shared sense of responsibility, and we will be able to realize our collective obligation to use our resources wisely and creatively in accomplishing our Vision and Mission.
The university will enhance a culture in which staff and students are responsibly self-driven as a consequence of internalizing self-prescribed institutional values as indicated in the Strategic Plan.
The University will always foster to develop respect for truth and lasting values and service to each other by implementing the following values:-
Professionalism: The University shall uphold high quality academic status, ethical and quality standards in terms of recruitment, admission and services provided to enhance professional competence by providing the highest level of education to all. The University Management shall seek to attract and retain qualified staff to provide quality training for academic excellence, upholding the highest level of Christian integrity and providing academic and spiritual excellence.
Ecumenism: The University shall respect and honour the diverse denominational backgrounds of our students and staff. The university community shall encourage openness and respect for different religious traditions, and seek to work in partnership with like-minded groups for the development of the university.
Integrity: The University shall strive to be transparent and accountable in all its areas of operation. It shall appreciate and reward exemplarily services at all times thereby promoting accountability by encouraging openness and fairness to one another and among all stakeholders.
Partnership: The University shall create an environment where all stakeholders in the University share decision-making, and appreciate the benefit of synergy. The university shall strive to create this partnership though a team spirit that supports each other as we perform different functions for our common vision and mission.
Equity: The University will promote good citizenship, for we believe that we are all made in God's image. We treat other parties with fairness, dignity and respect.
Customer Centric: The University shall ensure commitment to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction and provide our students and staff a positive experience in all our work processes by adopting a mind-set and attitude whereby satisfying the customer is the number one goal. This will include taking into consideration the working relationships among all employees and treating every member of staff as a customer in an effort to inspire, encourage development, and transform work as well as customer experience.
The objectives of St. Paul's University are:
- to provide directly or in collaboration with other institutions university education which leads to intellectual maturity and Christian spiritual formation of the students,
- to guide students to understand their individual needs and talents and to develop their potential for productive life and service,
- to preserve, produce, process, transmit and disseminate knowledge and stimulate the intellectual life and culturally relevant development of society,
- to conduct research and encourage the conduct of research which enhances human knowledge and promotes quality service to humanity,
- to play an effective role in the development and expansion of Christian university education in Kenya and Africa, and
- to develop in students a deeper understanding of traditional and modern Africa, and to equip them effectively to provide a Christian approach to the social, economic and political development of the African continent.