The Certificate is designed to prepare professionals capable of serving at middle and upper level echelons of the Community Development Sector. The program takes cognizance of the fact that there exists only but a few and unique programs in Community Development at the Certificate level in East Africa. The program is also expected to add value to organizations as it will produce professionals capable of serving as Community development officers, project managers, in Non-Governmental organizations, government, civil society, educational institutions, county governments and other areas.
Students will gain theoretical knowledge and specialized skills to facilitate the development and resourcing of communities in a range of contexts.
1. To equip participants with skills and knowledge that will enable them to engage in an effective way in community development and more or so within the counties.
2. To develop, implement and evaluate program to eradicate poverty and inequality in communities.
3. Asses the affect of their facilitation and empowering management skills in the holistic context of community development.
4. To give participants a positive educational experience that will contribute to their life choices options and motivate them towards further learning along the same line.
- A minimum KCSE grade D plus with a D in English OR
- “O” Level division III with a minimum of 38 points with 5 credits, one of which must be either in English Language or Literature in English OR
- ‘A’ Level with 2 principal passes OR
- D in KCSE with additional one-year certificate or above from a college OR
- Equivalents to the above qualifications as determined by St. Paul’s University Senate.
1 academic year or three (3) semesters.