Diploma in Journalism
The Diploma in Journalism Programme aims at introducing the student to the general principles of communication before delving into the various aspects of journalism. The programme is geared towards producing a professional who can work either as a reporter, presenter, producer, editor among other positions.
Objectives of the Programme
- To enable the student understand the journalism field and acquire the skills and competencies required of a journalist.
- To enable the student to comprehend the challenges facing today‘s journalism professional and learn how to surmount these challenges.
- A minimum KCSE grade C- with a C in English OR
- O Level division III with a minimum of 38 points with 6 credits, one of which must be either in English Language or Literature in English. OR
- A‘ Level with 2 principal passes. OR
- D+ in KCSE with additional one-year certificate or above from a college.
Duration of the Programme
1 academic year (Three Semesters)