Diploma in Business Information Technology
The Diploma in Business Information Technology (DBIT) programme prepares candidates to become specialists in the Information Technology to meet the needs of modern businesses, especially at the middle levels of organizations. It is designed to meet the increasing demand in the work place for IT professionals with a wide knowledge of business management, technical skills and the capacity to offer support in the implementation of IT-based solutions in a business environment.
- To develop a coherent and broad-based coverage of business information systems and the underlying technology to implement these systems.
- To enhance confidence and the ability to evaluate business information requirements and develop solutions from model professional and technical perspectives.
- To prepare candidates to apply the principles learnt in the performance of their duties in the workplace.
- To prepare candidates for progression to higher levels of education, notably to degree level.
- KCSE Aggregate C - with a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English.
- KCSE aggregate D+ with a Professional Certificate in Information Technology or a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the Academic Council.
1 academic year (Three Semesters)
- Database developers and administrators
- Data Management personnel
- Systems Support personnel
- System Analysts and Designers
- Solution Developers
- Network Administrators
- Network Support personnel
- Middle level Managers in IT departments
- Project managers
- IT Trainers