Bachelor of Translation Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Translation Studies is the academic discipline concerned with the study of professional practice of translating written information from one language to another, and rendering various forms of oral messages from one language to another, as well as dubbing and subtitling. It has a background designed to prepare students for careers as professional translators and Interpreters in various settings. Students trained as translators and interpreters assist in areas such as; translation of literary works, medical documents, childrens literature, tourism texts, legal documents, business documents and textbooks, court interpreting, conference interpreting, medical interpreting, and subtitling of film productions.
- To provide excellent training in professional translation and interpreting for accurate, clear and coherent cross-cultural communication in the national and global context.
- To produce professional translators and interpreters for global service.
- KCSE grade C+ with a C+ in English or its equivalents, Or
- KACE (A level) with a minimum of two principal passes or its equivalent, Or
- A Diploma in a related area with at least a Credit Pass in English.
Modes of Study
Full time (Regular)