The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites applications for the 2016-2017 second and subsequent time undergraduate loan from Kenyans admitted in government or self-sponsored programs in public or private universities in Kenya and the East Africa Community that are recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Government of Kenya - Sponsored Degree students placed by Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Self-Sponsored Degree Students in Public or Private Universities in Kenya and the East African Community.
How to Apply:
- Log in and register in our website www.helb.co.ke.
- Access and fill the 2016-2017 Second/Subsequent Undergraduate Loan Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke.
- Ensure you select the correct Student Category [government or self-sponsored], University or University College and Admission/Registration Number.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled LAF.
- Sign the Loan Application Form and have your Dean of Students / Financial Aid Officer sign and stamp it too.
- Drop the LAF personally at the Board’s Office on 18th floor, Anniversary Towers OR any of the following HELB Desks at the Huduma centers nearest to you (i.e. Nairobi GPO, Machakos GPO, Nakuru GPO, Eldoret GPO, Kisumu, Kakamega GPO, Kisii GPO, Nyeri, Embu GPO, Mombasa GPO, Meru GPO,Thika GPO,Kitale (GPO),Bungoma(GPO), Kericho, Kitui GPO Turkana GPO and Garrissa GPO
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF (Mandatory).
For a pleasant online experience, please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process. The closing date for the loan applications is June 30, 2016.